“The people suffer more when men of outstanding character and integrity refuse to lead. A good leader is a self actualization leader. Below is the Profile picture of Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai”.
-Born on the 10th of December, 1960 into the family of Mr & Mrs Adeyanju in Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State.
-He received his early Education at Alafia Oluwa Primary School, Mushin, Lagos State, Nigeria from 1967 to 1972. Thereafter, he proceeded to Ansar-Ud-Deen High School, Surulere, Lagos & Nigeria Model High School, Idi-Oro, Mushin, Lagos respectively where he completed his secondary Education between 1973 – 77 & 1979 – 1980 respectively.
-Immediately after college education, he got admitted into Ogun State Polytechnic, Abeokuta from 1981 to 1986.
– Proceeded to Ekiti State University to advance his course of study from 2006 to 2008 where he displayed a unique leadership style amongst his classmate. Alhaji Adeyanju is married and blessed with wonderful children.
– Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai, MBA, CNA, MNMIN, ACTI, FIFM (UK) undertook additional courses from the following institutions namely;
- Nigerian college of Accountancy, Jos, Nigeria – 2003 to 2005
- University of Lagos, Lagos Nigeria – 2013
-Below are the Certificates obtained with dates;
- West African School Certificate (Div. Two) 1980
- Higher National Diploma (Business Administration) 1986
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) 2008
- Certified National Accountant (C.N.A) 2005
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Taxation 2011
- FRC Registered Professional Accountancy (No. 00319) 2012
- Qualified Fellow, Islamic Institute of Accounting& Finance 2012
- Fellow, Institute of Financial Managers (U.K.) (IFM) 2012
- Certificate in Project Management 2013
Due to his exceptional leadership character which many tagged as been fair and objective in their judgement, he received the following awards:
- OUTSTANDING Young Persons (Ogun Poly Jaycees Award) 1986
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
Alumni Association) 2005
- Merit Award –National Association of Yewa Student (F.C.E. Osiele Chapter) 2008
Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai, MBA, CNA, MNMIN, ACTI, FIFM (UK) started his working experience in the year 1983 and this gave him the needed opportunity to showcase his knowledge in academic class, managerial capacity and financial management. Below is some of the position held and places of Assignment where he did excellently well;
- Agosasa Community High School, Agosasa Ogun State [Class Teacher] 1983-1985
- Directorate for Social Mobilization (MAMSER) [Administrative Officer] 1989-1992
- University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB) Assistant [Chief Accountant] 1992-2007
- Tunji Labode & Company (Certified National Accountants) [Practitioner – in Training] 2006-2008
- Adewole Adeyanju & Company. (Certified Accountants & Tax Practitioners) [Managing] Partner/CEO 2008-todate
- Total Quality Consulting Ltd Managing Director/CEO 2013
Alhaji Adeyanju is of the opinion that “Leadership is all about service to mankind hence the need for him to venture into politics in order to bring great development to his constituents”. He started his political career as the Assistant State Secretary, Peoples Democratic Party of Nigeria (PDP), in Ogun State in the year 2005, the position he held till the year 2008. As a result of his exceptional performance while in office, he was immediately elected to serve as the Ogun State Treasurer – Peoples Democratic Party, Ogun State from 2008 to 2012. Alhaji Adeyanju is a man that is focused and does not get distracted. His goals, whether small or large, are reasonable and achievable and are directed towards the long term results. This further made the teaming Leaders and Elder Statesmen in PDP (Ogun West) elected him as their Secretary, Peoples Democratic Party, Ogun West Elders’ Council between 2011 & 2012. A position he held and performed creditably to the admiration of all the leaders within the zone. Indeed, a shining light cannot be hidden.
Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai, MBA, CNA, MNMIN, ACTI, FIFM (UK) was discovered by the State Elders Council, Leaders & party members to be worthy to represent the party at the National level – haven served the state in various capacities and performed beyond expectation. He was elected at the Convention as; The National Auditor, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from February 2013 to 2017. Alhaji Adeyanju encourages party members across the States to be accountable for their actions. He does not believe in hiding the truth for the sake of looking good.
Alhaji Adeyanjus’ leadership skills gave him the needed advantage to be elected/appointed by both his colleagues & Ogun State Governor – as a Students union member, National Student Union member, Board member; Member Governing Council & Secretary to the Local Government Council which are listed below;
- Member, Governing Council, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (Government Appointment) 1999-2003
- Secretary to Ipokia Local Government, Ogun State 2007
- Board Member, Ogun State Agricultural Multi-Purpose & Credit Agency (Government Appointment) 2008-2011
- Students Union President; (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Students Union) 1985-1986
- National Vice President, National Union of Nigerian Students 1985-1986
- General Secretary, Student Union, (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Abeokuta) 1982-1983
PUBLIC / COMMUNITY SERVICE:
As a concern Nigerian who as the interest of his people at heart, he also ensure active participation in both public and community service which earn him several position through the ballots amongst which are;- Pioneer National Secretary, National Conference of Polytechnic Alumni Association (NACOPAA) (Election), 1997-2003. National President, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Alumni Association (Election), 1999-2003. Secretary, Yewa Think Tank (Election), 2002-2005. State Secretary, Ogun State Branch, Association of National Accountants
of Nigeria (ANAN), (Election), 2006-2009. Vice Chairman, Ogun State Branch, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), (Election), 2009 -2011. Member, ANAN Council Committee on International Affairs, 2009-2011. Member, ANAN Council Committee on Membership, 2011-2013. Member, ANAN Council Committee on Parliamentary & Public Sector, Chairman ARCN 2014 to 2015.
Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai, MBA, CNA, MNMIN, ACTI, FIFM (UK) belongs to the following professional Bodies – Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), National Marketing Institute of Nigeria (MNIM), Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), Institute of Financial Managers (UK)(IFM), Islamic Institute of Accounting & Finance
Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai, MBA, CNA, MNMIN, ACTI, FIFM (UK) remains a level headed man with a sense of humour. He has a healthy emotional IQ and has learned to move above his emotions, conditionings and his fixations to specific outcomes in other to think logically and globally. As a Leader that can be trusted, he does not believe in bringing others down for him to go up. He is more of a collaborator than a competitor. He tries to build bridges rather than destroy them. He is a natural mediator rather than one that creates conflict, tension and separation. A highly balance personality than can deliver the true dividend of democracy to the people if giving the opportunity.
Though, the world is full of aspiring political leaders but sadly, very few live up to the leadership ideals. In fact, many political leaders seem to severely lack some of the most important leadership qualities, such as INTEGRITY, and ACCOUNTABILITY. It is no coincidence that for many people, the world “politician” has such negative connotations. However, history and present day shows that there are still few who come close to the leadership ideals and who are good examples of an effective political leader amongst whom is Alhaji Adeyanju Fatai, MBA, CNA, MNMIN, ACTI, FIFM (UK)